The Orange Knowledge Program (OKP) Scholarship 2023 is a prestigious initiative undertaken by the Dutch government to facilitate education and training opportunities for students from developing countries. This program aims to provide the selected candidates with advanced knowledge, skills, and expertise that are critical for achieving sustainable development in their countries of origin. OKP is a substantial undertaking by the government of the Netherlands, which seeks to promote mutual understanding and cooperation between countries.
The Orange Knowledge Program Scholarship 2023 is a significant opportunity for students who aspire to attain higher education and training in a wide variety of fields. The scholarship program is designed to support various academic and non-academic courses, which are aligned with the development priorities of the Dutch government. This program provides a unique platform for professionals and students from developing countries to enhance their knowledge and expertise in a diverse range of sectors, such as agriculture, health, and water management.
The scholarship program targets a broad range of students, including mid-career professionals, Ph.D. students, and government officials who wish to undertake specialized short courses or long-term academic programs. The OKP Scholarship program offers several financial benefits, including full funding of tuition fees, accommodation, flight fares, and other related expenses. Besides that, the program also provides opportunities for cultural exchange and networking, which can be instrumental in building international relations.
The OKP Scholarship program is highly competitive, and the selection process is transparent and merit-based. The program emphasizes academic excellence, leadership skills, and the potential impact of the candidate’s proposed course or project on the development goals of their countries. The scholarship program aims to create a sustainable impact in the selected students’ home countries by providing them with the necessary skills and knowledge to address the pressing development challenges.
OKP Scholarship Program Overview
Below is the summary overview of this prestigious scholarship program.
Level of study: Master’s degrees and short courses.
Institution (s): Only the approved institution of study in the Netherlands can partake in this program.
- Short courses – last up to 2 weeks to 12 months.
- Master’s programs – last from 12 to 24 months.
If you are a citizen or national of the below-listed countries, then you are eligible to apply and receive the Orange knowledge program (OKP) Scholarship award.
Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, and Zambia.Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Sierra
Eligibility criteria of Orange knowledge program (scholarship)
The eligibility criteria for the OKP Scholarship 2023 are as follows:
- Nationality: Applicants must be a national of and working in one of the OKP eligibility countries.
- Education and work experience: Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and have at least two years of relevant work experience for a short course, or at least three years of relevant work experience for a master’s degree.
- Employer support: Applicants must be employed by a government or non-governmental organization in their home country, and their employer must provide a letter of support, agreeing to continue paying their salary and providing them with a job when they return from the Netherlands.
- English language proficiency: Applicants must provide evidence of English language proficiency by submitting scores from an approved English language test such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Motivation and goals: Applicants must explain how the OKP Scholarship will help them achieve their personal and professional goals, and how they will contribute to the development of their country after completing their studies.
- Must not have prior education in the Netherlands: Applicants who have previously studied in the Netherlands are not eligible to apply for the OKP Scholarship.
Overall, the OKP Scholarship aims to support individuals who have the potential to contribute to the sustainable development of their country through their education and work experience, and who have the commitment to return to their home country after completing their studies to apply their knowledge and skills.
Documents needed for the OkP Scholarship application
The following are the documents needed for the OKP Scholarship application:
- Admission to a course or program: Applicants should have an admission letter or proof of acceptance from the educational institution offering the course or program they intend to study. The admission letter should include information about the study program, its duration, and the cost of tuition fees.
- CV: An updated CV with information about the applicant’s academic and professional background should be submitted.
- Valid passport: A scanned valid passport should be attached to the application. The passport should be valid for a minimum of six months beyond the intended stay in the Netherlands.
- Employer’s statement: Applicants who are currently employed should submit a statement from their employer. The statement should include information about the applicant’s position, responsibilities, duration of employment, and permission to attend the course or program.
- Motivation letter: A motivation letter explaining why the applicant is interested in the course or program and how it will enhance their career goals should be submitted.
- Academic transcripts: Copies of academic transcripts from the applicant’s previous degree program(s) should be submitted.
- English language proficiency test scores: Applicants should have a good command of the English language. Hence, they need to submit an English language proficiency test score. Usually, TOEFL or IELTS test scores are accepted.
- Government statement: This document needs to be submitted by candidates who are employed in the public sector. The document should state that the candidate is permitted to leave their job for a specified period, attend the course or program, and has the financial provision to cover the costs associated with the program.
- Partnership agreement between the applicant’s organization and the Dutch institution where the course or program is being offered (if applicable).
It is important to note that OKP scholarship applications could have additional requirements. It is advisable to check the specific requirements for the study program before beginning the application process.
Application Deadline of OKP scholarship
- Application round 1 – 8 February – March 30)
- Application round 2 – 28 June – September 05, 2023.
Application Link for OKP scholarship
If you are ready to apply for the orange knowledge program scholarship visit this link – Orange knowledge program application Link.