Do South Africans need a Visa for Dubai? The UAE government made it simpler for foreigners interested in short-term visits for pleasure and relaxation to arrive by offering an electronic visa.
South African tourists that go to the Gulf nation each year frequently choose to visit the UAE, particularly Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The UAE eVisa is available through an online application platform. South African passport holders can submit their petitions without having to make an appointment at an embassy or consulate.
Do South Africans need a Visa for Dubai
Yes, South African citizens need to apply for a UAE visa before visiting this country. The simplest method is to apply online through UAE Immigration Services and have the issued permit emailed directly to you before your trip.
Each electronic visa to the UAE for South African citizens is valid for two months from the date of processing, with travellers having the option of staying for 30, 60, or 90 days after their arrival.
You can apply for a single-entry tourist visa, giving South African travellers plenty of time to see this intriguing country.
This South African visa is only valid for business and travel; it cannot be used for paid jobs or other purposes. If you want to travel for another reason, such as working while overseas, you must contact the embassy for more information.
You can also check out
What Exactly Is the UAE Online Visa for South Africans?
The United Arab Emirates’ Ministry of Interior publishes the UAE’s visa policy. South African visitors can apply for an Emirati electronic visa if their trip fits the following criteria:
- They will only come to the UAE for leisure and tourism.
- Their stay will be limited to 30 days.
- They will only need one admission into the country.
- They will only enter the UAE through one of its international airports. They will arrive in the UAE within 60 days of receiving their eVisa approval.
- South Africans who plan to stay in the UAE for more than a month or migrate for business or employment prospects should be aware that the eVisa does not cover these activities.
What Are the UAE Online Visa Requirements for South African Applicants?
We recommend knowing about the visa requirements for South African nationals before submitting an eVisa request. These specify the countries they can travel to with an online visa and the requirements they must meet.
The Emirati eVisa criteria for South Africans are normal for international travel and include the following:
- On their admission into the UAE, they must have a passport issued by the Republic of South Africa with a validity of 180 days.
- Provide a digital photograph of the information page of their passport.
- Send a digital colour identification photo.
- Pay the eVisa processing fee using a bank card.
- Register their eVisa petition using a regularly used email address.
- South Africans whose passports are due to expire within six months of their scheduled visit must renew them as soon as possible with their local authorities. They should ensure that their digital documents are legible and that their ID photo is in color.
- It is beneficial to register the eVisa application with a regularly used email address and to confirm that the bank card used to pay the processing fee is activated for Internet payments.
- South African nationals considering a family holiday to the UAE will also be required to supply some supporting papers, such as digital copies of their family or marriage certificate. In a combined request, they will be allowed to list their dependents (spouse, minors, or retired family members).
- Finally, South African travelers must plan their vacation schedule ahead of time. They must provide their Emirates flight number, port of entry, and arrival date.
Application Process for the Emirati eVisa from South Africa
An online form is provided for obtaining an electronic visa to enter the UAE. South African citizens must supply the following personal information:
- Full name
- Arrival date
- Emirate they are flying to
- Emirates flight details
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Country of birth
- Current profession
- Reason for travel
They will next reveal some details about their passport, such as the document number, issue and expiry dates, as well as the country of issuance. They will then proceed to upload digital versions of the papers they require.
It is critical to carefully evaluate all of the answers and papers submitted because any errors or missing facts could result in the rejection of their eVisa request.
South African nationals must pay the eVisa processing cost to complete the eVisa petition. The Emirati eVisa is paid for using a secure digital platform, and most international banking cards are accepted.
Processing Times for the Emirati eVisa Petitions by South African Travelers
All applications received by international tourists are reviewed by the UAE Ministry of Interior. South African citizens should expect a response to their request within 1 to 3 business days.
The process may take significantly longer during peak tourist periods such as New Year’s, trade fairs, or the F1 Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi. We recommend that you apply at least one week before your scheduled arrival date in the UAE.
South African candidates who have accurately filed their eVisa forms and meet the requirements will be awarded an authorized eVisa. The electronic visa will be available as a downloading link in their confirmation email. We recommend printing a copy and keeping it with their travel documentation once they receive it.