Welcome to the comprehensive guide on the answer to do South Africans need a visa for Turkey. If you are a South African citizen interested in learning more about Turkey’s lively culture, rich history, and breathtaking landscapes, you have come to the perfect spot.
This guide will give you all the crucial information you need to know on the query do South Africans need a visa for Turkey, whether you’re planning a short holiday, a business trip, or even contemplating long-term stay alternatives?
Let’s dig in and explore the delights that Turkey has to offer while learning about the Turkish visa procedure.
What is a Turkey eVisa, and why do South Africans need a visa for Turkey?
The Turkey eVisa makes it easy for South African passport holders to visit Turkey for tourism or business. The conventional visa stamp process has been replaced by electronic travel permission, making the application process faster and more efficient.
South Africans can discover Turkey’s intriguing cultural history, scenic landscapes, and vibrant cities with the Turkey eVisa without the fuss of a traditional visa application.
Children and minors from South Africa, like adults, must have a Turkey eVisa when entering the country.
Families can apply for the eVisa at the same time by selecting the ‘Add another person’ option during the online application procedure. This guarantees that everyone has a pleasant and consistent travel experience.
South Africans who choose the Turkey eVisa benefit from a simpler and expedited visa application, allowing them to focus on arranging their exciting trip to Turkey.
If you want to work or study in Turkey, you must apply for a residency permit or a valid visa through the Turkish Embassy in South Africa.
You can also check out
Criteria for Obtaining a Turkey eVisa for South African People
Then, without delay, complete the simple online application process.
South Africans must also meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Turkey eVisa:
- You must have a valid South African passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your planned arrival date in Turkey.
- Plan to spend less than 30 days in Turkey.
- Have plans to visit Turkey mainly for tourism or business.
- Travellers from South Africa now have freedom and convenience thanks to the Turkey eVisa, which enables them to enter and leave Turkey from any specified point of entry.
As a South African citizen travelling through Turkey, do I require a Turkey eVisa?
If you are merely passing through the airport and will not be entering Turkey, you do not need a visa.
Please be informed that cruise passengers who desire to visit coastal cities or surrounding provinces for vacation purposes are not required to obtain a Turkish visa as long as their stay does not exceed 72 hours.
How to Apply for a Turkey eVisa in 15 Minutes from South Africa
Apply for a Turkey eVisa from South Africa with ease by visiting our website or downloading our simple iVisa app for an even better experience!
To apply online, simply follow these three steps:
- Step 1: Begin by inputting your basic information, such as your complete name, passport number, and anticipated trip dates. Additionally, choose the processing time option that best meets your needs.
- Step 2: Verify all provided information and pay the Turkey Visa fee with a valid credit or debit card.
- Step 3: Upload the necessary documents, fill out any remaining fields, and submit your application.
- Within a few minutes, you will receive a confirmation email. Once accepted within the timeframe specified, we recommend printing a copy of the eVisa to exhibit upon arrival in Turkey.
Documents required to apply for a Turkey eVisa from South Africa
South Africans should supply the following visa requirements when applying for a Turkey eVisa online:
- A copy of your valid South African passport is required: It must be valid for at least six months from the scheduled arrival date in Turkey and contain at least one blank page.
- Some personal information: Fill up the required information, such as your complete name, date of birth, and passport information. Always double-check your information to avoid mistakes on your application.
- Methods of payment accepted: A debit or credit card can be used to pay the iVisa processing fee.
- Contact information: Provide your email address to receive application status updates and confirmation of your Turkey Visa approval.
Cost of a Turkey eVisa for South Africans
The fee for applying for a Turkish eVisa in South Africa is determined by the processing time you choose:
- Standard procedure: This option costs USD 46.99, plus any applicable government visa fees.
- Rush processing costs USD 82.99, not including government visa fees.
- Super Rush Processing costs USD 133.99, not including government visa fees.
- Excellent news for South Africans! There is no government surcharge. You simply need to pay the iVisa processing cost on our website, which includes features like an application review and a streamlined application process.
South Africans’ validity period for a Turkey eVisa
The Turkey eVisa has special requirements. Here are some important details to be aware of:
- The Turkey Visa is valid for 180 days from the date of entry. You must enter the nation within the time range specified.
- The maximum permitted stay in Turkey is 30 days in total. This means you can stay in the nation for that many days within the validity period of your eVisa.
- The Turkish eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa for South Africans. This means you can only enter Turkey once and remain for a total of 30 days.
- Please keep in mind that the actual validity of your visa is determined by Turkish authorities.
Can a South African citizen’s Turkey eVisa be extended?
No, it is not feasible to extend a Turkey eVisa. You must depart the country after your eVisa has expired. If you want to return to Turkey, you must apply for a new eVisa from South Africa.
If you plan on staying in Turkey for a longer period than the eVisa allows, you should look into other entry visa options, such as a resident permit or study visa.