In this article, we’ll demonstrate how to apply for a South African visa from Nigeria.
According to GlobalData, South Africa is currently Africa’s third most popular destination, with 6.8 million foreign tourists projected in 2022.
Morocco is Africa’s most popular tourist destination. In our last blog post, we described how to apply for a Morocco visa.
This article gives you a piece of in-depth information about how to Get a South African Visa from Nigeria if South Africa is your dream country.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR SOUTH AFRICAN VISA FROM NIGERIA
Prepare your documents according to your visit’s purpose and bring them to the VFS centre for submission. You can also submit your application online by going here.
What paperwork is needed to obtain a South African Visa from Nigeria?
Bank statement for three months: You must produce three months of bank statements. Each page of the statement must be stamped by your bank.
To ensure that you are providing the correct three-month statement, count three months back and include the current month.
If you are being sponsored by someone, such as a spouse or a corporation, you must send a copy of their bank statement and a copy of their data page.
You can also check out:
Your employer should introduce you and mention your position in the organization as well as your annual salary in the introduction letter. The letter should also include the reason for the visit. If they want to sponsor you, they must state that the trip will be paid for by the firm.
They must also verify that your leave has been approved. If you are self-employed, you must introduce yourself on firm letterhead and specify the reason for your visit. In addition to your company letter, you should write a self-introduction letter.
- International Passport: You must present a valid passport for travel. It must be valid for at least 6 months after leaving South Africa.
- Yellow fever vaccination card: A valid yellow fever vaccination card is required. We covered how to check the legitimacy of a yellow fever card in one of our blog postings.
- Dollar Card: I’m sure you’re thinking why a dollar card? Yes, you will require to pay for your visa application at the VFS centre. For the South African e-visa payment, you must use your dollar card.
- Invitation Letter: If you are being invited by a South African host, family, or friends, you will require an invitation letter from them. If you are travelling on a business trip, you will also need an invitation letter. The letter must include your name, the reason for your visit, and the host’s contact information.
- Flight reservation: For your South African E-visa, you must submit a valid flight reservation. The flight must correspond to your departure and return dates and include the applicant’s information.
- Accommodation: A hotel voucher or receipt is required for your South African e-visa application. The dates of your check-in and check-out must correspond to the dates of your flight. The hotel reservation must include your name, hotel name, and phone number. If your host agrees to let you stay in their house, they must send you a copy of their utility bill and data page.
- Consent Letter: Proof of consent from one or both parents or legal guardians is required for children. This could take the form of a letter or an affidavit. A copy of a court order awarding the applicant parental responsibility and rights over the child, if applicable. A letter from the person who will receive the kid in South Africa, giving his or her residential address in the Republic where the child would be residing, is required in addition to the consent letter. A copy of the identity document or valid passport, as well as the visa or permanent residence permission of the person who will welcome the kid in the Republic, as well as the contact information of the parents or legal guardians, should be provided.
Additional documents, such as a birth certificate for minors, may be required during the application process. The embassy may require additional documentation.
All You need to know about South African E-Visa
- The South African E-Visa is only valid on the arrival date specified in the application form.
- Your visit must be for a brief stay/travel in South Africa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 30 days from the date of arrival and have at least one visa stamp page available.
- To apply, you must have a Nigerian passport.
- Please make sure you have a return flight ticket that is valid for the duration of your stay.
- Your South African accommodation address should be verifiable.
- Minors must apply for an E-visa; please ensure that all essential documents are available at the time of application.
- The airport officials will assess your eligibility to enter their country at the airport. Keep the following documents on hand to avoid misunderstandings: A yellow fever card, a hotel, and a vaccination card/Covid 19 test are all necessary.
- Your valid passport must match the one you used to apply for the E-Visa.
- Your valid South African E-Visa code.
- When you arrive at the South African airport, proceed to the immigration area and enter the South African E-Visa lane.
- To obtain final authorisation to enter South Africa, present your passport to an immigration official.
- When you arrive, you must go through both the South African Immigration and Customs processes. Your airline should provide you with Immigration and Customs forms to complete before your arrival.
At the time, the South African e-Visa system is only available to citizens of the following nationalities:
- Congo, (Kinshasa)
- Iran, Islamic Republic of
- People’s Republic of China
- Saudi Arabia
How Much Is South African E-visa In Nigeria?
The visa fee is 87 USD, plus a service charge of around N13,000 at the VFS centre. The visa application fee is non-refundable. It is less expensive to apply online – R425.00.
How to Apply for a Visa to South Africa Online
- To begin your visa application, go here.
- Make a new profile and confirm your information via email.
- Fill in your information accurately and upload any relevant papers.
- Make your visa fee payment online.
- Finally, it would help if you awaited the outcome of your visa application.
- Although applying for a South African visa online may take a long time for the embassy to respond, it is less expensive than alternative options.