Where can I find scholarship for Kats and how do I apply?
College can be costly, and figuring out how to pay for it can be difficult. Although financial aid and scholarships are available to help make the cost more reasonable, many students miss out on scholarship opportunities because they don’t know where to look for them or wrongly feel they won’t qualify.
Scholarships aren’t simply for high-achieving athletes and students. There are thousands of scholarships available for students with a variety of interests, talents, and criteria. According to a recent Barnes and Noble Insights for College Ave research, 51% of students used scholarships or grants to fund college expenditures during the duration of their studies.
You may alleviate some of the financial stress that comes with attending college by studying the ins and outs of scholarships and financial aid.
This article gives a piece of in-depth information about Scholarship for Kats, how it operates and where can you find them.
Scholarship for Kats Quick Summary
- The scholarship(s) will be for $500 and will be valid for one year.
- Scholarship recipients may only apply for and receive the scholarship once.
- Applications can be found on the KATS website.
- Applications must be submitted in full via the KATS website by February 15.
- The recipient will be chosen based on academic success, character, athletic training ability, willingness to pursue a career in athletic training, and current membership in the KATS group.
- The scholarship recipient(s) will be contacted by March 1.
- The scholarship will be presented at the District V MAATA Annual Symposium at the KATS annual meeting. Scholarship award recipients are expected to attend the meeting and will get complimentary registration to the MAATA meeting.
You can also check out:
- Think For Yourself scholarship 2023/2024
- Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities
Criteria for Application
- The applicant must be actively enrolled as a collegiate athletic training student in the state of Kansas.
- The applicant must be an active NATA student member.
- A cumulative and major GPA of “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
- A current member of the Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association must support the candidate. An athletic trainer may only endorse one applicant every application cycle but may write letters of recommendation for several applicants.
- The applicant must have the intention of pursuing a career in athletic training.
- Applicants must complete and submit all application materials in their entirety.
- An unofficial transcript from the university/college where your program is housed must be supplied as a PDF.
- An updated résumé must be sent with the application.
- All files must be stored with the applicant’s last name and criteria (for example, lastname_resume).
- The applicant must receive three letters of recommendation from someone who they believe would best appraise their academic and athletic training skills and talents. One letter should come from the athletic trainer who is endorsing you. The other two could come from people who are most suited to assess credentials and talents (academic department head, team physician, professor, counsellor, coach, and so on). The letter writer will upload all letters via the KATS Scholarship link on the KATS website.
What is the Sam Houston State University application deadline?
Students admitted to Sam Houston State University have an SAT score ranging from 960 to 1130 or an ACT score ranging from 18 to 24. The deadline for regular applications is August 1.
What is the application fee for overseas students at Sam Houston State?
Fill out an online application and pay the non-refundable application cost of $90. You can also pay later by mailing a check (address below) or visiting the SHSU Self-Service Center.
Can I go into Sam Houston State with a GPA of 2.5?
Undergraduate students transferring to Sam Houston State University from a recognized institution or university must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above AND provide the following documentation: Completed Apply for the Texas Application, which has a nonrefundable application cost.