Being disabled has been a huge problem for a lot of individuals because many take advantage of their situation and deny them the opportunity to receive an education.
Despite their degree of intelligence, so many of them have given up and decided to learn a trade.
Even while learning a skill is beneficial, many people would have excelled if they had the opportunity to follow their careers.
Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities is to assist this group of people in attaining their objectives and choosing a professional path in response to this challenge.
Brief Description of the Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities.
By providing them with the training and education they need to succeed in the job path they have chosen, this project aims to demonstrate to the disabled that their careers can still be attained despite their obstacles.
The plan, which supports education and tuition price aid for foundations, organizations, individuals, and associations, is carried out in partnership with Scholarship America, the nation’s largest manager and designer of Scholarship, programs.
Determining who is qualified for the scholarship program is always the responsibility of the scholarship’s sponsors. The Scholarship America evaluation staff always checks the application eligibility.
The scholarship grants are granted to deserving applicants regardless of their sexual orientation, age, religion, or country of origin.
Eligibility Criteria of Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities.
Candidates for this scholarship program must meet the following criteria.
1. An acknowledged impairment
This covers those who experience a persistent or ongoing issue that negatively affects a key activity in their lives.
2. Hold a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or a grade equivalent on another grading system.
To enrol or have previously enrolled for a full-time or part-time schedule with at least 6 credits per term, he or she must be a senior at an accredited institution or have graduated.
3. He or she must be a first-year student enrolled in a 2- or 4-year course at a recognized university or college in the United States during the academic year.
Benefits of the Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities.
The award details for each scholarship recipient are listed below.
- Each eligible student will get an award of $2500 for full-time students and $1250 for part-time students provided they are enrolled in courses.
- The award for part-time students may be awarded for an extra seven years, while the award for full-time students may be given for an additional three.
- Until the recipient completes their bachelor’s degree program, the grant will also be renewed.
- Only if the recipient can maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 point scale or other comparable scales will the prize be renewed.
- The only students that can get the award are undergraduates.
- It’s crucial to remember that only the first 700 applications submitted will be chosen for review.
Where Can I Find Out If I Have Been Selected For The Scholarship?
Not all applicants for the scholarship will be chosen for the award, however, all chosen winners will be informed of their application status by the end of April.
Every year, all interested students who weren’t able to meet the prerequisite can reapply.
PAYMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship America will handle processing the scholarship payment on behalf of Wells Fargo. By the middle of August, all scholarship prizes will be paid out.
BASE FOR SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The following criteria will be used to determine the recipient of the scholarship award:
1. Academic records: The scholarship committee will conduct a comprehensive investigation of each applicant’s academic performance, thus it is crucial.
active participation in school and community activities
2. Leadership qualities: He or she must have shown a broad range of leadership abilities among coworkers.
Work experience: She must have gained insight into the education he claimed to be pursuing.
3. Honors: The candidate must have a solid reputation both on and off campus.
Goals and professional objectives statement
1. Objectives for Education Statement
Essay example To be considered, each applicant must prepare and submit an essay answering the topic, “What life experiences have shaped who you are today?”
Students who are eligible for the Award must successfully establish their financial needs by the Scholarship calculation.
2. An Internet suggestion
Scholarship America selects the recipients. Therefore, each applicant will regard their choice as the final DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED.
You must upload these files to complete your application;
- A recent, comprehensive transcript of grades. Reports of grades won’t be accepted by Scholarship America. The student’s name, grades, course credit hours, school name, and the semester each course was given must all be specified explicitly.
- At least two pages of the IRS Form 1040 that was used for the Financial Information part of the application and are presently being filed by the applicant.
If the test you are submitting is the ACT or SAT and your high school transcript does not include the results, you must independently upload the results of those tests to submit them.
Additionally, as part of the application process, you must submit one online recommendation by 2022 at 3 PM CT on your behalf.
If you haven’t electronically provided all the required documents, your application procedure isn’t complete.
Two requirements must both be met for an application to be accepted:
The deadline for the scholarship application is February 18, 2024.
The number of candidates
When the required number of applicants—700—is reached, the application portal will automatically close.
How to Apply
To access the registration portal and submit an application for the Wells Fargo Scholarship for Disabled People, click here.
Why sit back and let this chance to accomplish your goal slip by? It is best for you if you apply as soon as possible.