Applications are now open for the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS). The scholarship was formerly known as the Korean Government Scholarship (KGSP). You can now apply for the Korean Government GSKS Scholarship to South Korea. Global Korea Scholarship is a fully funded Scholarship available to postgraduate applicants. You can apply for both Master’s and Ph.D. Degree Scholarships.
Students from all over the world are eligible for this scholarship. All Nationalities can also apply for the GKS Scholarship to South Korea. The KGSP Scholarship will take care of the tuition fees, airfare, accommodation, Monthly stipends, and a lot of other coverage. This scholarship is only for graduates who want to pursue their Masters and Ph.D. at a top-ranked university in South Korea. This article will serve as a complete guide on the application for the GKS Korean Government Scholarship.
Overview of the GKS Korean Scholarship
Country: South Korea
Eligible Degree Level: Masters & PhD
Available Scholarship: Up to 1,278
Application deadline: Varies from Country to Country.
Why you should study in South Korea
- This scholarship is one of the largest Scholarships you can get without IELTS. People visit Korea from different angles of the world just to have a taste of their culture, lifestyle, Music, technology, and art.
- South Korea is now in serious competition with the USA and Australia when it comes to advanced Education.
- South Korea is already known in the world for its high-qualeducationtion system, it has many top ranked Universities.
- South Korea is among the most Technologically advanced countries in the world.
- Education in South Korea is less expensive than that of the top ranked country.
Number of Scholarship Available
The Korean Government has up to 1278 Scholarships for international students from more than 145 countries who wished to pursue their graduate-level degrees in South Korea.
Financial coverage of GSK Scholarship program
As we wrote earlier, the scholarship is a fully funded all-expenses-covered Scholarship in 2023. However below are the specific expenses covered by GKS Scholarship 2023.
- Full Tuition Fees coverage
- Monthly Allowance
- Resettlement Allowance
- Medical insurance
- Airfare Travel Tickets
- Free language Courses
- Printing cost
- Study completion grant.
Study field under the Korean Govt Scholarship.
Almost all the study fields are available under this scholarship. Note that there are several Korean Universities that are associated with the GKS Scholarship. These Universities offer a wide range of academic courses just like any other Universities in the world. You can be able to choose from different fields like engineering, science, technology, business, Arts and much more.
During the application, you are expected to choose your field of study from the list of the University information files.
Duration of GKS Scholarship
Master’s Degree program: Maximum of 3 years
Doctoral Degree: Maximum of 4 to 5 years depending on the course.
Research program: 6 months.
Eligible criterias for the GKS Scholarship.
Here are the eligibility criteria for this scholarship. Ensure to meet all the requirements before applying in order to maximize your chance of acceptance.
- Prospective recipients must be in sound health but physically and psychologically.
- Prospective recipients must have obtained the minimum CGPA in their first degree. 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0.
- Prospective recipients must acquire an 80% score or higher on a 100% point scale or be on top of 20% on their respective class.
Nationality Criteria for GKS Scholarship
- Interested applicants must hold a Citizenship from the NIIED-designated nations.
- All Applicants including their parents must not hold Korean Citizenship.
Age Criteria for GKS
- The applicant must not be over 40 years of age as of 1st September 2023 (born after September 1, 1983).
- Young professors who are not over 45 years of age as of 1st September, 2023 and also hold a Citizenship of a country that is listed as (ODA) recipient.
Required Qualification For GKS Scholarship
Here are the academic qualifications for the GKS Scholarship.
- A Master Degree applicant must have obtained a Degree Certificate from a recognized Institution of learning.
- A Doctorates Degree Applicants must have obtained a Master Degree from a reputable Institution of learning.
- Applicants are expected to submit the Certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
GKS Scholarship Application Deadline
There is no general Deadline date for the application of GKS, this is because each Country sets their own deadline date and it varies from country to Country. So you will do well to check your Country of residence in order to know the application deadline of your Country.
How to Apply for the GKS Korean Government Scholarship in 2023
Just like the application deadline, Application process for the GKS Scholarship varies from Country to Country. The application process and method is determined by each of the eligible countries. So to be properly informed on this, it’s best to visit the official website through the link below to find more information on the methods of applying.
Also ensure to constantly check the calls for GKS Scholarship 2023-2023 from the relevant office in your home country.
GKS Application link
If you are interested in applying for the GKS Scholarship, then you can visit the link below.
We have provided you all the information you need to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship, it’s now on your hand to take action and apply. Apply you never know how it will turn out to be and once you get the application you will be one-step ahead of achieving your goals.